It is never too early to start thinking about studying abroad!
You can start having conversations with your faculty and college advisors for study abroad beginning on your first day on campus.
To research options and apply to your chosen program, work with the Office of Global Learning Education Abroad advisors up to one year prior to studying abroad.
If you are a pre-med/pre-vet student, an engineer, or someone who wants to conduct your studies in a foreign language, plan even earlier.
Spring Semester Abroad
- Applications open: mid December the year before study abroad
- Application deadline: early September to early October (varies by program)
- Offers made: late September through late November
- NOTE: Students are encouraged to finish applications before summer break to avoid the application rush in August and September. Please allow 3 weeks for internal processing.
- NOTE: Oxford/Cambridge applications are due in November, NOT during the spring semester!
Fall Semester/Academic Year Abroad
- Applications open: in mid September the year before study abroad
- Application deadline: early February to early March (varies by program)
- Offers made: late March through mid May
- NOTE: Please allow 3 weeks for internal processing. Oxford/Cambridge are due much earlier, in November.