How do I choose a minor related to my time abroad?

Cornell students of any major and college are eligible to declare a minor in a region of interest through one of the six Area Studies programs at Cornell: East Asia ProgramInstitute for African DevelopmentInstitute for European StudiesLatin American Studies ProgramSouth Asia Program, and Southeast Asia Program. The International Relations minor is another option for students who seek a broader international perspective. Students interested in mapping their experiences abroad onto transnational or U.S.-based ethnic and cultural studies might consider a minor in ethnic studies such as Asian-American or Africana Studies. A minor in Global Health is an option for students who pursued field work abroad. 

Most foreign languages offer minors, too.

back to top