It is never too early to start thinking about studying abroad!
You can start having conversations with your faculty and college advisors for study abroad beginning on your first day on campus.
To research options and apply to your chosen program, work with Education Abroad advisors up to one year prior to studying abroad. If you are a pre-med/pre-vet student, an engineer, or someone who wants to conduct your studies in a foreign language, it's wise to plan even earlier.
Deadlines vary for study abroad and are dependent on health, safety, and programmatic criteria.
Spring Semester Abroad
- Applications Open: Mid-December the year before study abroad
- Application Deadline: Early September to early October (varies by program)
- Offers Made: Late September through late November
- Oxford/Cambridge applications are due in November, not during the spring semester!
- Note: Students are encouraged to finish applications before summer break to avoid the application rush in August and September. Please allow three weeks for internal processing.
Fall Semester/Academic Year Abroad
- Applications Open: Mid-September the year before study abroad
- Application Deadline: Early February to early March (varies by program)
- Offers Made: Late March through mid-May
- Note: Please allow three weeks for internal processing.